Welcome to Nevada Group Riders.
Sign In and don't forget to set your divisions group under Usergroups at top of page. Select Join a Group.
Welcome to Nevada Group Riders.
Sign In and don't forget to set your divisions group under Usergroups at top of page. Select Join a Group.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a Sport bike? Then come and ride with us. All new and experience riders are welcome. NVGR of Reno and Sparks location. This group targets new riders to the world of motorcycles and group riding. Copyright © NVGR Nevada Group

HomeHome  Home PortalHome Portal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tiptoe or Flatfooter?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onemanclan
onemanclan

Number of posts : 12
Bikes : Buell XB12X
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Tiptoe or Flatfooter? Empty
PostSubject: Tiptoe or Flatfooter?   Tiptoe or Flatfooter? EmptyMay 11th 2008, 7:35 pm

Right or wrong, I always judge a rider by where they place their feet on their footpegs. I was taught to ride by placing the balls of your feet on the footpegs instead of having them mid-foot. You feel better balanced when you ride on your 'tippy toes'...I'm just wondering if anyone else shares this perception...Don't be offended. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
NVGR-Ron
Admin
Admin
NVGR-Ron

Number of posts : 136
Bikes : 2007 GSX-R 600 (DEAD)
2003 DUCATI MONSTER 620i.e (ALIVE)
1996 CBR900 RR (TRADED)

Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe or Flatfooter?   Tiptoe or Flatfooter? EmptyMay 12th 2008, 2:48 am

When I ride aggresive I'll be on the balls of my feet. In a hard lean my inside foot are on the ball, and the outside will be on the mid-foot pushin. But when I am just cruising around, traffic, etc. I just relax my foot on the mid. So don't be easy to judge others with how they ride with there feets or how big there chicken strips are, after all we are riding on the streets, and were not on the tracks. Well at least some of us think were riding like we are on the track. 'cough' 'cough' 
Back to top Go down
live2ride
Surpreme Member
Surpreme Member
live2ride

Number of posts : 28
Bikes : 2007 Suzuki Gsxr 600
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe or Flatfooter?   Tiptoe or Flatfooter? EmptyMay 12th 2008, 6:19 am

I would have to agree with Ron, since I do mostly street/casual riding I ride as you would say flatfooted. I rest the middle indents of my boot on the pegs. I wouldn't judge a rider on where he places his feet since the majority of people you see around town are commuting. You do feel better balance and in more control when you so call tippy toe however for the streets and speeds of reno its not really necessary unless youre traveling at high speeds or aggressively riding as Ron pointed out.
Back to top Go down
NVGR-TRENT
Admin
Admin
NVGR-TRENT

Number of posts : 237
Bikes : 06 CBR1000RR 05 R6 Track Bike 96 Cr 250r

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe or Flatfooter?   Tiptoe or Flatfooter? EmptyMay 12th 2008, 7:36 pm

tippy toes
Back to top Go down
BovineFreedom
Top Member
Top Member
BovineFreedom

Number of posts : 45
Bikes : 2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe or Flatfooter?   Tiptoe or Flatfooter? EmptyMay 19th 2008, 9:03 pm

So after our quick little jaunt down to Sears Point yesterday for the races(which kicked ass) I will have to say that what I am doing that dictates where I place my feet on the pegs. I usually have my toes on the pegs when I am riding the twisties in order to make sure I don't have one of them hanging out and drag it in a corner, which I have done before. When I am riding in traffic I mostly keep my feet flat on the pegs and my toes near the shift lever and the rear brake. I like to be able to either jam on the brakes or down shift and floor it at a moments notice depending on what the blind people in the cars near me may decide to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe or Flatfooter?   Tiptoe or Flatfooter? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tiptoe or Flatfooter?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: .::NVGR Sport Bike Division::. :: Sport Bike Talk :: General Topics-
Jump to: