Welcome to Nevada Group Riders.
Sign In and don't forget to set your divisions group under Usergroups at top of page. Select Join a Group.
Welcome to Nevada Group Riders.
Sign In and don't forget to set your divisions group under Usergroups at top of page. Select Join a Group.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a Sport bike? Then come and ride with us. All new and experience riders are welcome. NVGR of Reno and Sparks location. This group targets new riders to the world of motorcycles and group riding. Copyright © NVGR Nevada Group

HomeHome  Home PortalHome Portal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS:

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NVGR-Lhyx
Admin
Admin
NVGR-Lhyx

Number of posts : 274
Bikes : 2007 Yamaha R6
Registration date : 2008-04-09

TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS: Empty
PostSubject: TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS:   TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS: EmptyApril 5th 2009, 5:40 pm

TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS:

*Motorcycle Jacket and Pants. Either Leather or Nylon. They do
not need to zip together. (All other track day providers require one piece
suits or that they zip together)
*Sturdy gloves and Over-the-ankle boots (All other providers
require motorcycle specific apparel)
*DOT approved Helmet
*Health Insurance is required

Bike Requirements:
(You CAN ride to the track and do this stuff there. I've done it more than a few times. Most of us have extra stuff if you forget anything)
*ANTIFREEZE IS OK. Zoom Zoom does insist on removing and replacing glycol based coolant with 'Water Wetter' type stuff. Keigwin's and Pacific Track Time lists this as "OPTIONAL" If you are going to do a track day with Zoom, you might as well get it over with. It's not too difficult.
*Your tires and brakes should be in good shape.
*Remove or tape mirrors. Painter's tape (the blue stuff) leaves no residue. Reflection of the sun can disturb your concentration as well as the
riders behind you. It's important keep your attention on what's in front of you. (No need to look over your shoulder, either)
*Disconnect brake light and rear signals, or remove bulbs/fuse, or
completely tape brake light lens.
No light should be visible to riders behind you. Blinking lights are fairly distracting. The hand signal to be used on the track will be reviewed and presented in the mandatory riders meeting
*Taping over your headlights is only required if you have glass up there.
Most bikes have plastic lenses. If you are taping your headlight it's important to know that "duct tape" reflects a lot of heat and can melt the
housing. Use painters tape.

***Bring Extra GAS*** 5 gallons should suffice. I've run 170 miles on a track day (I'm sure others do more) You'll use a LOT more gas on the track than you do on a Sunday ride. 15 mpg loss isn't hard to imagine.

Other things that will make for a good day
*Lots of water/juice/sports drink. (Alcohol is not permitted) I usually purchase these, and some lunch food just as I pull in to Fernley. By the way, every motorcycle you see at that gas station is probably headed to the same place you are, so be friendly! Introduce yourself! Smile You might be parking next to them and hanging out with them all day.

It's is a GREAT IDEA to use earplugs. Foam plugs for $0.25 can have a profound effect on preventing aural fatigue (and a headache) I suggest bringing a camping chair along.

Sunblock! If you forget yours, you can borrow some of mine... I don't tan, I bake like a potatoe. (Don't forget to put it on your neck). I wear a wide brimmed fishing hat and long sleeve T shirt in the pits. Some of the folks bring "EZ-up" tents. Befriend one of these people by admiring their motorcycle and offering them one of that cool beverage you bought at that gas station. Also, this is great time to try out that camping chair Smile

Back to top Go down
NVGR-Adilo
Admin
Admin
NVGR-Adilo

Number of posts : 299
Bikes : R6 Raven Edition
Registration date : 2008-03-30

TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS: Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS:   TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS: EmptyApril 5th 2009, 6:23 pm

soundz good !!!
Back to top Go down

TRACK DAY REQUIREMENTS:
Page 1 of 1